15-20 minutes of walking each day helps older adults:
* Keep muscles strong and flexible
* Prevent weight gain
* Lower risk of chronic disease
* Improve balance and prevent falls
Three ways to help take...
1. Walk at least one mile in September and post a selfie to social media with #10MStepsOH and #PreventFalls.
2. Find a "10 Million Steps" event or group near you.
3. Organize and register a walking group or event.
Walking Tips for Older Adults
Wear comfortable, well-fitting shoes.
Walk as quickly as you can but still hold a conversation without losing your breath.
Use a cane or walker for extra stability, if needed.
Walk with a group for added encouragement.
Talk to your doctor if you have pain, dizziness or other problems while walking.